Networker

[Networker] Veritas vs Netowrker

2006-11-21 20:22:45
Subject: [Networker] Veritas vs Netowrker
From: Randy C Doering <rdoering2 AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:16:38 -0500
Greetings, My company has recently merged from two initities into one. One
of the depts (mine) is using Networker of which I'm the backup admin. The
other is a Veritas shop.

We're going to have discussions in the next couple of days/weeks to
determine which direction/backup option we are going to emplement.

This is assuming that we'll keep the "winning" backup option and incur the
additional costs for the added client licenses, while dropping the yearly
support aggreesments for the "losing" backup option.

Any technical reasons (one other the other) between Networker and Veritas?

I can add additional information, as needed.

Will be sending that to the Netowrker and Veritas lists.

Thanks,
Randy