Networker

[Networker] Windows Global Directive

2006-11-14 19:08:26
Subject: [Networker] Windows Global Directive
From: Lisa Green <lisa.green AT CLARK.WA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:58:43 -0500
We are running Networker 7.2.1 on a Windows 2003 server.  I am trying to
get a Global directive setup that will skip certain types of files on all
hard drives.  What I have is this:

<<"C:\">>
skip: *.tmp
<<"D:\">>
skip: *.tmp
<<"E:\">>
skip: *.tmp
<<"F:\">>
skip: *.tmp
<<"C:\">>
skip: *.mdf
<<"D:\">>
skip: *.mdf
<<"E:\">>
skip: *.mdf
<<"F:\">>
skip: *.mdf
<<"C:\">>
skip: *.ldf
<<"D:\">>
skip: *.ldf
<<"E:\">>
skip: *.ldf
<<"F:\">>
skip: *.ldf
<<"C:\">>
skip: *.sdb
<<"C:\">>
skip: *.edb
<<"E:\">>
skip: *.edb
<<"F:\">>
skip: *.edb
<<"C:\">>
skip: *.log
<<"F:\">>
skip: *.log
<<"E:\">>
skip: *.stm
<<"C:\">>
skip: *.stm

This doesn't seem to be working.  When I looked at the MAN pages, it has
the following:

When multiple directory specifications are used, directives that follow a
directory specification are applied to that directory until the next
directory specification. You cannot use wildcards in directory
specifications.

Does anyone know of a way to do this in the Windows environment with a
Global directive and not a local one?