Networker

Re: [Networker] DDS prioritize drives

2006-11-05 09:51:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] DDS prioritize drives
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 15:48:45 +0100
You may have to consider this setting from nsr device resource :

  access weight   (read/write, hidden)
       This attribute indicates the weight of a single operation
performed on
       the device.  The "accesses" attribute will be incremented by
"access
       weight" each time an operation is performed on the device.  The
higher
       the weight, the less often the device will be selected for new
opera-
       tions.  Changes to this attribute are propagated to all devices
that
       have the same hardware id value.

Back to your question, you should have
DDS1's AW < DDS2's aw < DDS3's AW < DDS4's aw

With DD1 < DD2, DDS1 will be selected  before DDS2.
If DDS1 cannot satisfy, DDS2 will be used.

Give it a try. I never played with such device priority selection but
it should work.

HTH

Th

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                             Internet  : http://www.hp.com/