Networker

Re: [Networker] Exchange 2003 Crashes when Backup server is on

2006-11-03 16:06:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Exchange 2003 Crashes when Backup server is on
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:56:12 -0500
Scott,

First of all my name is Eddie (military folks and the setup /shrug) no
troubles there just FYI.

I Just spent 3 hours on the phone with the EMC West Coast LarryB. We
went through App Logs, System Logs, the Daemon Logs on Networker, etc...
NO discoveries. Checking the log we discovered that NWADMIN fired at
0900 and was done at 09:00:15--15 whole seconds after start. We know
that if the backup server is shut-off before 0900 we don't have the
problem, but if the backup server is on, all users start receiving
pop-ups asking for login credentials and passwords for exchange.

The only other thing that would coincide with communication from the
backup server to the exchange server is I receive the Networker reports
(bootstrap, etc) via SMTP. The only two events that occurred prior to
the symptom (that we are aware of) is the time change and an off-line
defrag of the exchange server.

Anyone else have any ideas on this?

Basic setup + basic backup = High Tech Problem /shrug

Both EMC Tech Support and I are scratching our heads over this one.