Networker

Re: [Networker] How to query for client's comment field

2006-11-03 11:20:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to query for client's comment field
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:13:10 -0800
> I am working on a script and need to be able to query Networker from the
> command line for a list of clients with their respective comment fields
> and dump it to a file, one client/comment per line. Looks like nsradmin
> is the only tool to extract that sort of information, but I can't seem
> to get it to output what I need. Any one know how to do this?

Use show for the attributes you want to see, print to select the
resources.

nsradmin> show name; comment
nsradmin> print type:nsr client

Scripted...

printf "show name;comment\nprint type:nsr client\n" | nsradmin -i -

However, I don't know that you can ask it for the exact layout you
want.  Nsradmin output is one attribute per line, with a blank line
separating resources.

I would post-process the output with perl or awk or something.