Networker

[Networker] Separate Pools for Full and Incremental/Differentials

2006-10-30 20:52:46
Subject: [Networker] Separate Pools for Full and Incremental/Differentials
From: Randy C Doering <rdoering2 AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:43:46 -0500
Hello, I'm trying to set up a separate pool for our Full backups (for
offsite storage) and another pool for the Incremental/Differential backups
(mostly, if not all D2D2T).

I'd like all Fulls go directly to Tape (using the sample Full Pool).

My question regards these pesky Windows backups (SYSTEM DB:, SYSTEM STATE:
ASR:, etc) which are always Full. Whereas tonight for instance, the regular
file system backups were Incrementals.

Can I send those different backups (from a specific client) where they need
to go - Full or Incremental?

Anybody doing some similar?

Thanks,
Randy