Networker

[Networker] using backup command on clients

2006-10-26 14:59:32
Subject: [Networker] using backup command on clients
From: Bill Hewitt <bill AT INF.ED.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:44:41 +0100
Fron the nwadmin gui, if you use 'backup command' on a client, rather than the generic save, is there a safe way to process the arguments that save would have got.

An example script is for backing up afs. I want my afs-script to basically say do exactly what you would have done, but prepend kstart $KARGS to it

so instead of doing

save -bunch-of-args fsys1
save -bunch-of-args fsys2
..
save -bunch-of-args fsysN

it does

kstart $KARGS save -bunch-of-args fsys1
kstart $KARGS save -bunch-of-args fsys2
..
kstart $KARGS save -bunch-of-args fsysN

I tried making afs-script be a simple shell script and trying to process "$@"

i.e in a very basic case

#!/bin/sh
ARGS="$@"
touch /tmp/aa
/usr/bin/echo  "$ARGS"   >> /tmp/aa

but this doesn't seem to work very well. Is there a tried and tested way of doing this ?

"signoff networker" in the