Networker

Re: [Networker] Hello message backing up SYSTEM FILES:

2006-10-20 08:58:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Hello message backing up SYSTEM FILES:
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:55:10 +0100
Manel Rodero wrote:

Hello,

I've found that in a new installation of Legato client 7.1.4 under Windows
Server 2003 when backing up SYSTEM FILES I get a "hello" message. What's
this?

Sample:

 w2003box: SYSTEM DB:\    level=full,   8104 KB 00:00:22     13 files
* w2003box:SYSTEM FILES:\ hello
 w2003box: SYSTEM FILES:\ level=full,    475 MB 00:01:03   2581 files
 w2003box: SYSTEM STATE:\ level=full,     17 MB 00:00:32     18 files

Any idea?
Yes, this comes from the default res file when using savepnpc. If you
set your backup command to savepnpc but don't create a <GROUP>.res file
on the client, savepnpc will create a default file for you, including
the command "echo hello" for the precmd.

It's possible that something in your environment is not working as
designed. Either you shouldn't be using savepnpc, or you need to edit
the res file to do what you designed it to do.

"signoff networker" in the