Networker

[Networker] RSMOW errors

2006-10-20 04:33:58
Subject: [Networker] RSMOW errors
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:31:24 +0200
Hello,

I've seen that from some time in the past to today I'm getting the following
errors in the output log for the backup of the server itself (Legato
Networker 7.1.4.Build.577 under Windows 2000):

* legato_server:SYSTEM DB:\ Removable Storage Database - rsmow: Could not
start RSM service for backup operation.
* legato_server:SYSTEM DB:\ Removable Storage Database - Error saving
  legato_server: SYSTEM DB:\ level=full,   914 KB 00:00:24      7 files
  legato_server: SYSTEM FILES:\ level=skip,  0 KB 00:00:09      0 files
  legato_server: SYSTEM STATE:\ level=full, 17 MB 00:00:33     15 files

At this moment I have the "Removable Storage" service 'disabled' but I don't
know at this moment the reason of this change. I remember something about
another problem if this service was enabled but I don't remember the
details.

Any clues about what I need to investigate, change to eliminate these
errors?

Thanks.

--

o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
o o o  Systems Manager                | Campus Nord - Modul B6

       manel AT fib.upc DOT edu              | Tel: +00 34 93 401 6940
       http://www.fib.upc.edu/~manel  | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040