Networker

[Networker] Old NDMP backups and Clones

2006-10-16 12:01:03
Subject: [Networker] Old NDMP backups and Clones
From: Sid Martin <swmartin AT LINK DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:50:47 -0400
Old...
Legato 6.2 with StorageTek 9710, NetApp NDMP3,Solaris 8
Six years worth of clones and monthly backups. One pool NDMP, one group NDMP
DLT7000 direct attached to each NetApp.

New (one year ago) converted to Solaris 9 , Legato 7.1, Overland 8100 with
LTO2 technologies. converted the two old Netapps to a single NetApp Gateway
with alias's for the old NetApps. Changed to Daily, weekly and Monthly NDMP
Pools and Groups.

I kept one of the old NetApps for future use.

I now need to restore the data from the old environment to the new. So far
I have a second server, the old NetApp with a DLT 7000 attached. I want to
restore the indexes for the old netapps to the "restore" server with the
old Netapp and DLT environment. I will then do restores to that environment
and then copy the data to my new environment (possible non-NDMP) for
archival purposes.

1. Can I do this.
2. Is my plan OK.
3. What do I need to recover the old environment to the "restore"
server????