Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.3.2 Migration Updates?

2006-10-05 09:42:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.3.2 Migration Updates?
From: "Landwehr, Jerome" <jlandweh AT HARRIS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:23:18 -0400
don't do it

we have had numerous issues (still open tickets) since 7.3.1 and won't
consider going to 7.3.2 at any other data zone than the one we are stuck
in since rollback is destructive - I'm still optimistic about 7.4 to be
released in the 1st quarter of '07

I too was tempted to get the perforamnce gains in cloning and
browse/retention settings of clones vs originals (still broken in my
opinion since browse isn't unique while retention is)

even our supplier (DataLink) has a recommendation that no one go to
7.3.X

go to 7.2.2

if you really want the nicities of the new GUI, you can point it at a
down rev NW server

if you must go to 7.3.X be prepared to get cozy with tech support!

Jerry