Networker

[Networker] Media DataBase Index

2006-10-05 08:49:54
Subject: [Networker] Media DataBase Index
From: "Valinote, Marcelo F" <Marcelo.Valinote AT CHEVRON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:36:14 -0300
Hi all,

          First of all, sorry for my poor english.
          I'm facing an issue with my backups.
          NetWorker lost the media database index for many backups. So, when I
try to see the content of some tapes, using Admin GUI, this msg appears: 'There
are no save sets in this volume'. Folder nsr\index is about 12Gb. I've tried
deleting .lck files from \nsr\tmp folder. It worked but after one week the
problem came back.
          Daemon.log shows this msg for many save sets and different clients:

          nsrmmdbd: XCHK ssid:1279732505 host:bzrjontcustom6 name:SYSTEM DB:\
has a fragment with an invalid volid:3241381050

          It looks like to be corruption of index.

          What should I do to fix this problem ? Any ideas ?

          Environment: NetWorker 7.2.1 - Win2000 Server

Thanks in advance

Marcelo Valinote

Chevron Brasil LTDA.
Tecnologia da Informação