Networker

[Networker] NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

2006-10-01 23:50:52
Subject: [Networker] NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
From: Prasad Chalikonda <prasadcm AT OPTONLINE DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 22:49:22 -0500
No, but you omitted some key information.

>First off, what d exactly do you mean when you say your LAN is crashing?
Well, I believe the users lost connectivity to the servers, a number of them,
all of a sudden. They had to kill the backups to be able to get connectivity
back to the servers & apps.

>Are your network managers able to sniff packets going into yor  NetWorker
>server?
They could. But I believe they were looking at something simpler, graphs or
packets in & out.

>What kind of hardware is involves (NetWorker server, Exchange client,  network
>cards, etc.)?
All servers & storage nodes are DL380s. One GB NIC card each. The two Exchange
Storage Nodes are DL580s. 1 GB NIC each.

Server and 5+2 storage nodes connected to a SYM, CDL & physical tape library.

>Which version of NetWorker (client and server)?
All 7.3.1