Networker

Re: [Networker] Disaster Recovery on a different server

2006-09-28 16:18:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Disaster Recovery on a different server
From: Brian Narkinsky <BNarkinsky AT CCLAFLORIDA DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:13:10 -0400
We just went through a DR exercise.  We were able to recover the client
indexes to a separate server.  Basically we TARed up the client indexes
moved them to the DR server, defined the client and then performed an
NSRCK -L 7 on the DR Networker Server.

That being said we only did a recovery using SSID but, the indexes were
browsable etc.

This was done from a Solaris 8 SPARC machine to a Solaris 10 X86 machine
running under VMWare.  We were actually able to restore a partition
saved using RAWASM on the Solaris 8 box to the Solaris 10 box.

Brian