Networker

[Networker] Transfer a File Device

2006-09-28 16:10:46
Subject: [Networker] Transfer a File Device
From: Brian Narkinsky <BNarkinsky AT CCLAFLORIDA DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:02:17 -0400
If I had savesets on an Advanced File Device can I transfer those
savesets to another Networker Server .  With a tape I can just define
the client on the DR server then scanner the tape. Can I do the same
with a disk?

Background
We have limited bandwidth going to our Disaster recovery site.  We are
replicating using FalconStor but, the idea is that if things get out of
sync to take a backup of the partition(s) using RAWASM then restore the
RAWASM backup.  We might also do this if we ever do declare a disaster
and then have to move back to the production site.  FalconStor does
block-level replication and hopefully a RAWASM restore will be an exact
copy of the disk.  We've done it with tape but, with 750 GB disk out
there the question is could we do this with a disk instead.

Brian

Brian Narkinsky
Senior Systems Analyst
College Center for Library Automation