Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup Pools

2006-09-21 15:10:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup Pools
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:06:29 -0400
Suppose you create a SINGLE FILE SERVER with Multiple Directories.

|-FILES
|-MAIL
|-SQL
|-ETC

Then what you do is have your backups go from your servers, to this one
file server.
Then you have ONE backup run from that file server to tapes based on
Directory.

I know between technology and people who are running the disk based
backups there are methods in there for this.

Thoughts? /ALE