Networker

Re: [Networker] Experiences with 7.3.2

2006-09-20 14:42:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Experiences with 7.3.2
From: Simon Delicata <sdelicata AT PLANER.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:32:36 +0100
Hi,

I upgraded our 7.2.2 AIX (5.2) server to 7.3.2 last week and I've noticed
two things, both of which are being investigated by EMC. The first is that
I couldn't install the NMC package using smitty. This isn't a biggy but
I'ld like to get it sorted.
The bigger problem is that our server is backing up via savepnpc. The pre
backup script fires as expected, but the post doesn't fire until after all
the other clients in the group have finished. This has caused a problem
because the server running networker is also running Oracle. The savepnpc
scripts shut it down & start it back up again, but a couple of windows
clients in the group have not been starting properly and so I noticed this
issue.

Hope this helps

Simon D

Stein-Are Smoge <stein.are.smoge AT ROLLS-ROYCE DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
20/09/2006 18:43
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Stein-Are Smoge <stein.are.smoge AT ROLLS-ROYCE DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] Experiences with 7.3.2

Hi,

Networker 7.3.2 have now been released. Have anyone installed it? And how
does it seem to work compared with 7.3.1? It it safe for production in a
medium enviroment?

type
"signoff networker" in the