Networker

[Networker] retrieve error for old client

2006-09-19 15:23:14
Subject: [Networker] retrieve error for old client
From: John Stoffel <john.stoffel AT TAEC.TOSHIBA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:20:03 -0400
Hi,

We've got a Solaris 7.2.2 Networker install, on an E450 box running
Solaris 5.8.  We're trying to retrieve an archive created on an old
client.  But we get the following error when using nsrretrieve (or
nwretrieve, it's just easier to cut'n'paste from the terminal):

I'm running this on the networker server, and the client where this
was originally saved on doesn't exist any more except as an IP address
in DNS/NIS.

    nsrretrieve -s server -d /path/to/restore/client -S 1722847745
    Recovering files within /original/directory/ into /path/to/restore/client
    nsrretrieve: RPC error: RPC receive operation failed.  A network connection
could not be established with the host.
    nsrretrieve: falling back to old retrieve method...
    nsrretrieve: RPC error: RPC receive operation failed.  A network connection
could not be established with the host.

We've tried both pulling the IP address, making it a CNAME for the
server.  We also spun up a new client with the name kingtut and tried
to do the retrieve, getting the same error, or when done from the new
client, I got the error:

    nsrretrieve -s server -d /path/to/restore/client -S 1722847745
    Recovering files within /original/directory/ into /path/to/restore/client
    nsrretrieve: RPC error: Unable to receive
    nsrretrieve: falling back to old retrieve method...
    nsrretrieve: RPC error: Unable to receive
    Recover completion time: Tue Sep 19 15:16:43 2006

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,
John
    John Stoffel - Senior Staff Systems Administrator - System LSI Group
  Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. - http://www.toshiba.com/taec
             john.stoffel AT taec.toshiba DOT com - 508-486-1087