Networker

[Networker] Restore Issue

2006-09-11 16:15:03
Subject: [Networker] Restore Issue
From: Randall R Davis <Randall_R_Davis AT RAYTHEON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:58:17 -0700
I have a restore issue I can't seem to resolve.

I just installed a new replacement Netapp Filer and gave it a new name
(tomfiler ontap 7)
The old Netapp filer was named sludge
Sludge was running NDMP and worked great. (Networker 7.2.1)
Tomfiler is running NDMP and works great (Networker 7.2.1)

My problem:
I can't restore from the old client (index) sludge.
The indexes for both clients sludge and tomfiler are in tack and
available.
The media db for all tapes are in tact and available.

When you navigate VIA nwrecover (select client sludge) to the desired
directory to restore all is good,
nwrecover tells you what tape it needs and how large the restore will be.
Nwadmin is aware of the tapes required and they are available and loaded
(inventoried) in the tape library.

I click go to start the restore to an alternate location and wait wait
wait......Nothing ever happens....La la land

The problem:
Networker never mounts a tape.
Nwadmin never shows a call to mount a tape.

The actual client Sludge is not connected anymore (it is turned off), but
the index is still available on the networker server (coyote / Solaris 9).

What I want to do:
Read the index (sludge) on the new filer (tomfiler) and restore to the new
filer (tomfiler)?

I tried the alias in networker and well no sludge index is shown.....
I had to delete the client sludge in order to do this.
...In order to read the sludge index, there must be a client named
sludge.....

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Randall