Networker

Re: [Networker] Powersnap Module with EMC Clariion

2006-09-06 05:49:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Powersnap Module with EMC Clariion
From: Gaddy <xy.0815 AT GMX DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 05:47:07 -0400
Hi Steve,

this seems to be good news.
AFAIK you are the 1st poster who reported SUCCESS with
PowerSnap for Clariion here. (@Terry L: How about you?)

We have tested V2.0.1 and all its predecessors for
a very very long time (>12 month) and never got it
ready for production.
During the tests we've opend some LGTpas and got
some (many) new binaries (some with debuggig code,
some with fixed problems), but never it ran stable.

We tried to use it in combination with SAP R/3 modul
on CX600/CX700 but got almost unreproducible results.

Sometimes the Backup worked, sometimes it failed,
no matter if we tried (and we tried a lot :-)
- instant backup
- immediate live backup
- deferred live backup
and same problems with Restores as well.

As long as Rollback is not supported with Clariion,
we have decided not to take this road ...
... but your post gives new hope :-)

Could you pls. explain in a little bit more detail:
- customer environment (Win-Version, Clariion-Type and SW-Levels, etc.)
- what is customer doing with PowerSnap (application)
- Restores: tested and successfull?
- ...

Thanks for the good news
--