Networker

[Networker] MMRECOV & CLIENT INDEX_Conclusion

2006-09-05 09:13:32
Subject: [Networker] MMRECOV & CLIENT INDEX_Conclusion
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 08:57:44 -0400
Hello,
Thanks for all who responded, my conclusion is that some name resolution
conflict caused this issue, i re-recovered the server in Workgroup while
production server is in AD, also DNS server name may not be completely
matched up due to DR requirement, although eventully, my nslookup and
DNS\IP name did match, i belive slight irregularity in this caused
networker to ask for old tapes, even though there is FULL backup of index
eveveryday.
As an awerness, i have captured the screen shots from my current setup and
will duplicate all settings in DR, i did double check the process on the
production server and the tapes requested for nsrck -L7 were recent and
not old.
Eitherway, i am not so happy with Networker's behaviour in this regard.
Thanks