Networker

[Networker] CBRM Install

2006-09-02 15:02:23
Subject: [Networker] CBRM Install
From: Randy Doering <rdoering AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 15:00:26 -0400
Hello, I'm trying to get Centera Backup and Recovery Module (CBRM) installed
and working for backing up the data of our 40 node Centera (CentStar 3.1),
and either I'm dense or the documentation is poorly written.

If someone has this installed and running (searching the archives found 2
folks who had it installed, but were having performance issues with it).

Our environment is a Linux cluster (RH 4U3) with Networker 7.3.1. We have 3
active (1 spare) EMC Celerra Datamovers using NDMP fine.

I've downloaded CBRM 2.0.4 and have it installed on a Windows 2003 server.
The install went fine (asks me for a 3 set of 8 character license code). EMC
licensing didn't know about these, and only gave me some temp enablers for
the Networker server. I entered "12345678 90123456 78901234" and it didn't
seem to complain.

We have an 8 drive LTO3 ADIC i2000 of which I have zoned in the Windows
server. From Device Manager, I see the 2 IO blades, but they are yellowed
out. Driver details says "No driver files are required or have been loaded
for this device".

I've installed 7.3.1 Storage Node on the Windows machine.

So, I believe we have the configuration described in Figure 1-4 (page 1-8 of
the Admin guide for 2.0.4).

I've added the Windows machine as both a Client and a Storage Node on the
Networker Server.

When I try and Scan for devices using username "ndmp" and it's password, I'm
getting "Not able to connect or authorize the NDMP Server".

So, I'm thinking I really need to get the tape library configured in on the
Windows Server, before I can do any device scanning from Networker.

I appreciate any hints on getting this going.

Thanks,
Randy