Networker

Re: [Networker] MMRECOV & CLIENT INDEX

2006-08-31 09:24:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] MMRECOV & CLIENT INDEX
From: Laurence Moughan <Laurence.Moughan AT AERLINGUS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:17:11 +0100
Are you sure you used the most recent Bootstrap ?

>>> fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM 31/08/06 14:06:14 >>>
Hello,
During recent DR at offsite facility, i rebuilt Networker server and
completed mmrecov, when i attempted nsrck -L7 client name, the tapes
requested by Networker were much older then what we had at hand , my BP
and RP are 3 week each for each of the clients.
I am trying to understand why networker requests tapes over 3 months old
when each of this servers is being backed up fully over the weekend, also
in adddtion to that i have savegrp -O process backing up all client index
at level FULL daily to avoid just that.
Please let me know if there is a known issues, fixes or problem with the
way i have implemented the process.
Problem:
I would like to have full recovery of client index with tapes written
withen last two weeks.
One of the suggestion was to remove any old savesets for each and every
client from withen networker server?
My client BP and RP changes couple of monhts ago from 1 year to 3 weeks.
more info.
I run savgrp- O level FULL Daily.
nsrim -X biweekly.
clients backup atleast full everyweekend.
Networker server 7.2.1 with windows 2003 64 bit & LTO2 tapes.

..For low fares and great deals on hotels, car hire and travel insurance visit
http://www.aerlingus.com
are addressed.  Any review, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
the material.