Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up a spanned Fedora volume

2006-08-30 16:43:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up a spanned Fedora volume
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:32:14 -0700
> Thanks. That seems to do the trick, but now, I have the concern that
> any additional disk volumes will not automatically get backed up.

Create an additional client instance in another group.

Let the original one backup "All"
Let the other one back up this volume

It can be confusing (and can send the parallelism off), but it's pretty
safe.

Another method is to have a script gather all the filesystems you're
interested in, then have that script populate the 'save set' field on
the server.  That way you're generally up to date.