Networker

Re: [Networker] libgcc_s.so.1 from legato 7.2.1 on RHEL4

2006-08-28 16:51:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] libgcc_s.so.1 from legato 7.2.1 on RHEL4
From: Maarten Boot <mboot AT MBOOT DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:51:05 +0200
I will check on my macines tomorrow (timezone = europe)

but a server install is differeent as it adds storage nose functionality and more so its different than a client install the modifications could be in the extra packages

Maarten

Scott Russell wrote:
Greets.

Since the RHEL 4 Update 4 release it appears as if man crashes with the following message:

/usr/bin/gtbl: /usr/lib/nsr/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6)

It seems as if lgtoclnt-7.3.1-1 for 32bit RHEL 4 installs a bunch of libs into /usr/lib/nsr. What I found, on the _server_ (which is also a storage note and client of itself) is that in /etc/ld.so.conf a line was added for the /usr/lib/nsr directory as well. None of my RHEL4 _clients_ with lgtoclnt-7.3.1-1 installed have /usr/lib/nsr in ld.so.conf. This appears to be unique to the server.

Anyone else running 7.3.x on Linux? Was a line added to your ld.so.conf for the /usr/lib/nsr directory? If you're also running RHEL4 with the most recent update, can you confirm that "man man" crashes? (It won't crash unless ldconfig -v shows /usr/lib/nsr)

I'm really trying to understand why the _server_ has a modified ld.so.conf by the clients do not.

"signoff networker" in the