Networker

Re: [Networker] index filesystem nearly full

2006-08-25 17:10:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] index filesystem nearly full
From: "Duross, Theresa (DET)" <TDuross AT DETMA DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:05:33 -0400
Maybe you could check the nsr/tmp directory.  These are temporary lock files
that should be ok to delete.  There is another folder which I believe is
called sec and I don't think you are supposed to delete that.

You need to stop the services, delete the tmp/lck files and when the
services are restarted the necessary files will be recreated.  As always,
check with tech support first.  I also recommend saving them off just
in-case.

Also, if Legato ever crashed there might be crash dumps under the cores
directory.  My version has a folder for each type of crash (nsrd, nsrexecd,
ansrd, etc).  These core dumps could be large and use up some disk space.

These are just a couple of suggestions of things to look for.  I would
suggest contacting Support to see if they can assist or have any other ideas
of places to look to see where disk space is being used.

Regards,

--Teri

P.S.  Check the size of the log file in the nsr/logs folder.  You might want
to restart the application (nsr_shutdown followed by nsrexecd and then nsrd
(assuming this is Solaris)) to create another daemon.log file and possibly
delete one of the other older daemon log files to give you more space ...
Check the documentation/support on how to do this. It was recommended to me
to restart the application once in a while to let Legato check the size of
the log files.  Check the admin manual.