Networker

[Networker] waiting for 1 writable volumes to backup pool 'Default'

2006-08-25 09:17:51
Subject: [Networker] waiting for 1 writable volumes to backup pool 'Default'
From: John Ryder <jsr AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:13:24 -0400
Hello:

This message just recently popped up on our Alert screen:

  media critical event: Waiting for 1 writable volumes to backup pool
  'Default' tape(s) or disk(s) on koala.uvm.edu

We can't mount a tape for the Default pool because we don't have one
defined. Further, koala is a storage node with two raids attached but no
tape drives.

This usually happens when I've messed up the config for a new client or
when some user is doing a save command without specifying the pool name
parameter. All the nightly backups are running fine. I'm stumped.

My question: any way to tell who is asking for this?  that is, how can I
find a client name, user name, or savegrp name connected with this mount
request, so I can bug someone (maybe myself!).

Thanks for your thoughts.
Solaris 9 Networker 7.2.2

John Ryder, Systems Administrator, Computing and Information Technology,
            University of Vermont, John.Ryder AT uvm DOT edu 802-656-1183