Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Licensing Methods

2006-08-17 10:37:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Licensing Methods
From: "Wood, R A (Bob)" <WoodR AT CHEVRON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:35:44 +0100
You'll soon get used to Legato... Er... EMC's view on licensing.

You not only license for the particular function but that function is
also categorized by size.
So you have SQL Database module tier 1 (1 processor), tier 2 for 2
processors, tier 3 for 4 processors, etc.
With DBO (Disk Backup Option) it is tiered by size (number of TB backed
up)
With libraries it is by number of slots (you can have as many drives as
you like... for now)

Not sure how it will cope with VTL and variable number of virtual
slots.... Maybe we'll see a variation of DBO for VTLs and be tiered by
the TB?

Bob