Networker

[Networker] How to configure NMO 4.2 for Auomatic Backups in Oracle client 10.2 on Linux

2006-08-15 15:50:54
Subject: [Networker] How to configure NMO 4.2 for Auomatic Backups in Oracle client 10.2 on Linux
From: Bhaskar Mylavarapu <Bhaskar.Mylavarapu AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:45:15 -0400
Our Environment has the following setup.
1. Oracle 10.2 running on Linux.
2. NMO 4.2 library has been installed in $ORACLE_HOME/lib.
3. Oracle Database TEST has been created and RMAN activated.

In order to backup my RMAN backup files to my Backup server, what are the steps I have to take?

1. What could be server side settings?
2. What could be client side settings?
3. How to activate the backup?
4. Is it from the Backup server end or from the Client?
5. Can we use cron jobs instead?
Please if anybody works in this environment, please clarify.
Thanks
Bhaskar

"signoff networker" in the