Networker

[Networker] Media Index and Database Backup

2006-08-14 15:10:19
Subject: [Networker] Media Index and Database Backup
From: SUBSCRIBE NETWORKER Oludare Ogunmadewa <oludare1 AT NETZERO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:59:32 -0400
Folks,

I have 2 servers running on AIX 4.3.3 (ML09) with Networker 6.1.4 with 18
LT0 Gen1 drives.  The 2 Networker servers share a StorageTek jukebox L700e
via another server running ACSLS 7.1 (Solaris 5.8).
I have abou 800 Windows (2k, 2k3, NT4)clients, 100 Solaris (5.8 & 5.9)
clients and 200 AIX (4.3 & 5.2)clients

I need lots of advice...

My Media Database has been growing at about 8Gb/day, very unsual and new.

Questions:

1.  Why will mm folder start growing so big out of no where?
2.  I get "NetWorker index: (warning) Filesystem containing file index is
    getting full." and then I lost my Networker environment.
3.  How do I bring the environment back up without any upgrade?
4.  I think my Networker DB is currupted, how can I check?
5.  I have always backup each Networker server to backup itself, should I
    cross backup both servers?

Thanks,

Oludare