Networker

Re: [Networker] Decision Time for Networker v7.3.x

2006-08-14 14:14:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Decision Time for Networker v7.3.x
From: Daniel Rich <drich AT PDI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:12:49 -0700
To be honest, I think that's part of my problems with 7.3.  Our server
has been migrated -- in every sense of the word -- from somewhere back
in the Networker 4.x days.  I have archive tapes that date back to the
last 90s.  For one particular client, my indices are over 100GB.  My
media database doesn't even fit on a CD when I send it off to Legato for
debugging, unless I compress it as far as I can.

I wish I could make a clean start -- and I'm in the process of getting
rid of the older cruft.  But I still have a nightmare of legacy data,
and I'm convinced that's part of what is killing my server with 7.3.

--
Dan Rich <drich AT pdi DOT com>
          PDI Dreamworks |  "Step up to red alert!"  "Are you sure, sir?