Networker

Re: [Networker] SQL Server Module for Networker

2006-08-14 10:11:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] SQL Server Module for Networker
From: Pascal Rijs <pascal.rijs AT UNILEVER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:08:58 -0400
We have been happily using this module for years now.

1. An adhoc backup can easily be scripted (just configure a backup group
with the required SQL savesets in it and script the kick off of that
group).

2. Easier to use the GUI. click on a database you want to recover; choose
a recovery time and mention whether you want a copy or want to overwrite
the existing (running) db.

3. I've never done that, but should be easy.

4. Like 2. Choose the proper time and the sql module will recover the
database from tape + apply transactionlogs available on the server.

The modules makes restoring databases as easy as can be. Point and click.

We also use this module on database servers for which we do a DR test
every year. Again, once SQL server is up and running, you point and click
to restore the system and master db, next you can restore (point and
click) all other DBs.