Networker

Re: [Networker] Finding a tape

2006-08-02 12:19:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Finding a tape
From: Brett Monroe <mr.bmonroe AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 09:16:31 -0700

That's much more challenging.  You need to know one of two things:

- all the saveset ids that were written as part of the savegroup

or

- when the group started (approximately).

Once you have one of those, you make that an additional restriction in
your mminfo query.

Tim,

Yes...it's been frustrating.  It would be nice if the NSR notifications
exported a bunch of info as variables to the called scripts (like which
savegroup has just finished, when it started, when it finished, etc).  It
seems I will be forced to make assumptions that I don't want to make.

What I am currently doing is:

mminfo -v -t "$(date '+%m/%d/%y')" -r 'volume'

but it breaks down if the backup crosses midnight (will only get the final
volume when the script runs).  If I include the previous day, I might (and
sometimes do) include volumes from a previous backup.  I will look at
grabbing the start and finish time from the savegroup report and see if that
works out.

Thanks again,
--Brett

"signoff networker" in the