Networker

[Networker] Mailbox Recovery Issue

2006-07-28 09:57:58
Subject: [Networker] Mailbox Recovery Issue
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:59:49 -0400
> On Behalf Of Stan Horwitz
>
> Like you, doing Exchange backups is a fairly new thing for
> me. I had a lot of help from people on this list, Cambridge
> Computer, and EMC's tech support to get this up and running
> in a Windows cluster environment.

I had a unique problem two days ago, we had to recover a mailbox from
one of our servers and for reasons unknown. We are unable to restore
individual mailboxes.

Fortunately we have the IS backup to go to and was able to recover the
LONG way. But it is weird. We have 3 Exchange servers, all settings are
the same but this one server just does not want to play like the rest.

All of my backup reports are green. I am now going through backup logs
from the time the backups changed to see if I can see anything out of
place. I have a ticket with EMC but my team's exchange guy is on out
today and was apparently out yesterday... Semper Fidelis, /ALE