Networker

Re: [Networker] Which version of Networker is most stable for Solaris 9 (10)

2006-07-22 10:10:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Which version of Networker is most stable for Solaris 9 (10)
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:04:09 -0400
On Jul 21, 2006, at 4:03 PM, Lauradel Collins wrote:

We're currently running Networker 7.0 on Solaris 9 (eventually 10, but not for a while). I'd like to know which version people think is the most stable for this platform. Networker clients are mostly Solaris 9 and a bit of Mac OS X.

I'll be moving the software to a newer Sun server soon, and am thinking this is a good time to upgrade it.

I manage a NetWorker 7.2.1 server under Solaris 9 on a Sunfire V480 and it is very reliable. My server handles 220 clients, a mix of Windows, Solaris, Linux, Tru64 Unix, and two or three Mac OS X servers.

"signoff networker" in the