Networker

[Networker] if you think of upgrading to 7.2.2 ...

2006-07-21 05:38:31
Subject: [Networker] if you think of upgrading to 7.2.2 ...
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:32:04 +0200
... just don't. We had 7.1.4/Linux/RHEL3 here and were quite happy with it. Recently we upgraded the server to 7.2.2.

With 7.1.4, we had two cases open. Today, it is seven. Yes, the two 7.1.4 problems are still there in 7.2.2.

I must say that 7.2.2 is a bug bag. ;-) Not as much as 7.3 of course, but I read so many good things about 7.2.2 on this list that I thought it would be at least as 'bug free' as 7.1.4.

The most annoying thing is that it wants to send one client's savestream to the Default pool (which we do not use at all). All other clients out of this group are backuped to the adv_file device that is defined in the pool this groups belongs to.

So I labeled one tape for the Default pool, the client was backupped... today I try to stage these savesets back to the correct adv_file device. It just won't start... I see a 'ready for reading, idle' and a 'waiting for 1 writable volume'... the device's target session is 12. I have no idea why this does not work. If I remember right, I did this once with 7.1.4, and it worked.

Olaf

"signoff networker" in the