Networker

Re: [Networker] Slightly off-topic query

2006-07-20 11:48:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Slightly off-topic query
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:46:20 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Slightly off-topic query, Wood, R A (Bob)...:

Vince,
        Must have missed the initial post but you mention SCSI bridge,
we use a Fibre/SCSI bridge and have used it for the last 6 years. We
used it to allow SAN access to an ageing SCSI tape library. There's not
much to it - it works...

Same here, though we found the fibre to SCSI routers we had were somewhat
tempermental.  We probably had to reset one of them every couple months.
We've since migrated off of them to a newer fibre-attached library, but
even there the jukebox device is actually traditional SCSI -- the library
includes a small FC<->SCSI router just for the jukebox.

There were parts of Vince's original post that I didn't really follow
so I didn't reply, but we have definitely used FC<->SCSI routing
equipment.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu

"signoff networker" in the