Networker

Re: [Networker] is it possible to avoid getting savegroup notification for backup with SKIP level

2006-07-20 11:20:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] is it possible to avoid getting savegroup notification for backup with SKIP level
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:19:39 +0100
Shyam Hegde wrote:

Hello List,

It is becoming very time consuming for me going through 100s of savegroup
notification for various groups we have and out of them more than 50% are
for groups which run LEVEL=SKIP! So it will be easier for me if I could stop NetWorker to send notification for a froup which runs on level SKIP for that
day!

Anybody has some idea on how to achieve this?

You can pipe the savegroup completion through a script and filter it in any way you like.

However your simplest solution would perhaps be to create a new notification just for groups that fail. Most people are not interested in seeing groups that totally succeeded, at least not on a regular basis. You can do this be creating a notification with event "Savegroup" and priority "Alert". The standard savegroup completion also specifies a priority of "Notice".

"signoff networker" in the