Networker

Re: [Networker] expired tapes not relabeled

2006-07-19 11:12:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] expired tapes not relabeled
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:13:00 -0400
Speaking of DEVICE vs MEDIA

When I first started into this archiving/backup thing, I made a few
rookie mistakes.

One of which was putting LTO-1 labels on LTO-2 tapes.

Fortunately the ADIC library was smarter than the label.

Unfortunately Networker was not.

Between the two of them, I had software that did not recognize the media
properly but I had a library that did. When I told anyone from tech
support about the label 000001 LT1 and then told them I had 500GB of
data on one tape they questioned me.

/ALE