Networker

Re: [Networker] Switch

2006-07-18 05:35:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Switch
From: Stuart Whitby <swhitby AT DATAPROTECTORS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:26:56 +0100
Unless something's changed recently, you don't need a NetWorker license to
recover data.  As such, if someone did decide to migrate to a different backup
platform, they'd still be able to recover data using NetWorker.

Interestingly, EMC Legato NetWorker will refuse to back up data once the
license has expired but will get it back for you (again, unless something's
changed recently).  EMC Legato File System Manager for Unix (new name for DXUL)
will happily continue to migrate files, but won't allow you to fetch them back.
 Yowzah!

(I'd recommend sticking with NetWorker as well, btw, just thought I'd point
that out anyway ;)

Cheers,

Stuart.