Networker

[Networker] Overall opinion of 7.2.2?

2006-07-11 11:28:44
Subject: [Networker] Overall opinion of 7.2.2?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:22:25 -0400
Hi,

Was wondering what the over all opinion of 7.2.2 is? I've heard a lot of grumbling over 7.3 so wanted to ask before upgrading from 7.2.1 to 7.2.2. I don't recall hearing too much mischief about this release but just curious. We do use cloning quite a bit (something I'd heard certain older releases caused some problems with), and I've provided our setup below.

My main desire to go to 7.2.2 is to encompass as many of the security enhancements as possible, and in the easiest manner, so was thinking to simply uninstall 7.2.1 and install 7.2.2 and leave it at that release at least until the next stable release comes around but wanted to ask first. I see the following under Legato's Product Alerts:

27-Apr-2006 EMC Technical Alert for NetWorker - LGTOpa84882 (mentions fix is included in 7.2.2, and patches are available for other releases, but says nothing about 7.2.1) 18-Jan-2006 NetWorker Technical Alert - LGTpa83990 (says hot fix was issued for 7.2.1 but 7.2.2 will include it) 16-Aug-2005 NetWorker, Versions 7.1.3, 7.2 Technical Alert (says patch is available for 7.1.3 and 7.2 so I assume it's included in 7.2.1) 04-Apr-2005 NetWorker, Versions 6.x and 7.x All Technical Alert (says fixes are available immediately for NetWorker 7.2 and 7.1.3. Please check the ftp site for future availability for NetWorker 6.1.4 and 7.1.2.)

Here's our setup. We have 7.2.1 (64-bit version) running on Solaris 9 with two Linux storage node servers managing 3 tape libraries (all SCSI connections): ATL P1000 with SDLT1 (220) drives, Quantum M1800 with SDLT 600 drives and a Storagetek with LTO1 drives. we plan to upgrade the LTO drives to LTO3 very soon. We're backing up about 50+ clients.

Thanks,

George

"signoff networker" in the