Networker

Re: [Networker] Index retention and Browse times

2006-07-10 16:26:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Index retention and Browse times
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:26:25 -0700
> Does the tape (ssid) have to be brows to be able to user the GUI recover
> process to selectively restore imbedded folders.

Yes.  'browsable' means that the file information for that process is
still available.

> If so what Do I have to do to return to brows able.

You'd want to use 'nsrck -L7' with the correct date and client to
recover the old data from tape.

> If this can't be done what do  I need to do to recover imbedded folders if
> I know the SSID???

If the saveset was only 'recoverable', you could recover the entire
saveset to disk and pull the stuff that you wanted from it.

There are also some advanced tricks with piping scanner into uasm to
only pull out particular folders, but that's quite a bit more
complicated than the other two methods.