Networker

Re: [Networker] Creating a new instance of an older client?

2006-07-07 10:41:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Creating a new instance of an older client?
From: Stan Sander <ssande AT SANDIA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:38:34 -0600
George Sinclair wrote:
The old fred was never out there under /nsr/index. In other words, it was removed from the client listing and /nsr/index a long , long time ago. Now, when I create a new client with this same host name, NetWorker just assigns it the same client id. Maybe it's pulling this out of the media database? Must be. When I query the media database for fred and ask it to report the clientid, it reports the same value that it assigned to the new client. I've not backed up the new client yet, however.

George

Hmmm OK.. Do this, capture the client id from the old fred, delete your current instance of the new fred and then set the view-> details option in the GUI (select hidden options for nsradmin), then add the new fred paste in the captured client id in the box for that field, then change the last four hex numbers in the next to last field of the client id. This should create a new client id.

Example:

If the client id for fred is:

aebca613-00000004-445902dd-445a6e88-10890000-86fd3214

Change it to:

aebca613-00000004-445902dd-445a6e88-10891111-86fd3214

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects  (505)284-4915
ASAP, LLC, Contractor assigned to Sandia National Laboratories

Microsoft: You've got questions. We've got a dancing paperclip.

"signoff networker" in the