Networker

Re: [Networker] Creating a new instance of an older client?

2006-07-06 19:12:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Creating a new instance of an older client?
From: Stan Sander <ssande AT SANDIA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 17:07:02 -0600
George Sinclair wrote:
How can I create a new client if a client with that same host name existed at some point in the past?

I added a new client (fred) using nwadmin. However, there was an old client named fred that was taken off the backups a long time ago. After creating the new client, I see that NetWorker assigned it the same client id as the old fred. Maybe no surprise, but this is now a new machine with the same host name, so I'd like it to have a different client id than the previous one, so when I look at save set recover, I won't see the save sets from before. How can I do this?

Thanks

George

Try this:

Shut down Networker
Go to /nsr/index on your server and rename the directory named fred
restart networker and create the new fred

Kind of a variation of the procedure for renaming a client and *keeping* the old backups.
--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects  (505)284-4915
ASAP, LLC, Contractor assigned to Sandia National Laboratories

Microsoft: You've got questions. We've got a dancing paperclip.

"signoff networker" in the