Networker

Re: [Networker] No 'NSR client' resource for client foo

2006-07-05 09:17:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] No 'NSR client' resource for client foo
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:14:27 -0400
Noel,

Could you give the entire error message?  Networker version?

It may be the client alias list is forgetten/corrupted.. or, it
could be a client alias problem.

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 10:59:17 +0900, Noel Hunt (TEMP James Harvard
International) <noel.hunt AT CONTRACT-STAFF DOT COM> wrote:

>I apologize for asking about this since this problem has been addressed
>before but the problems I am seeing don't seem to be caused by changes
>in host names or the like. Two days ago dumps suddenly started to fail
>on all but one or two machines.
>
>nsradmin shows that there is a client record for `foo', but savefs
>will abort
>immediately with the above error. The names resolve correctly in the DNS
>forward, and reverse, so I am very puzzled as to what is going on.
>
>Has anyone seen this behaviour before?
>
>Noel Hunt
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
type "signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu
if you have any problems