Networker

[Networker] Consilidate running save streams onto fewer tapes?

2006-07-05 09:13:21
Subject: [Networker] Consilidate running save streams onto fewer tapes?
From: "Brian O'Neill" <oneill AT OINC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:10:09 -0400
I've got some long-running (days) backups running, and right now there are 9 streams spread across three tape drives. Due to bandwidth from the sources, we are not reaching full speed on the tape drives, but the streams got spread out because of other backups running at the time.

I'd like to consolidate these from three drives to two, but I can't figure out how. Networker does not seem to want to reassign existing streams to other in-progress tapes - it insists on using a new tape instead. I'm not hitting the target sessions limit (6) on any of the drives either.

I tried disabling the drives that were not currently in use, and placing one of the active ones in service mode - but when the tape filled, it sat and waited for a new tape, even though there were plently of slots available on the other two.

Is there any way I can manage this?

-Brian

"signoff networker" in the