Networker

[Networker] No 'NSR client' resource for client foo

2006-07-04 22:15:09
Subject: [Networker] No 'NSR client' resource for client foo
From: "Noel Hunt (TEMP James Harvard International)" <noel.hunt AT CONTRACT-STAFF DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 10:59:17 +0900
I apologize for asking about this since this problem has been addressed
before but the problems I am seeing don't seem to be caused by changes
in host names or the like. Two days ago dumps suddenly started to fail
on all but one or two machines.

nsradmin shows that there is a client record for `foo', but savefs will abort
immediately with the above error. The names resolve correctly in the DNS
forward, and reverse, so I am very puzzled as to what is going on.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

Noel Hunt

"signoff networker" in the