Networker

Re: [Networker] Never ending groups (sry last subject wrong)

2006-06-30 05:17:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Never ending groups (sry last subject wrong)
From: Patricio Mora <patricio.mora.ext AT JUNTADEANDALUCIA DOT ES>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:08:34 +0200

Hello all. I've a problem with two groups with automatic cloning (don't know if this is relevant info or not)

Both groups seem to finish well, also the cloning does, but then both keep on waiting with a pending saveset (one or two machine's indexes), and the server asks for an old (off-site) tape to be mounted. The groups must be stopped by hand.

I tried to remove the machines affected with the pending savesets from the groups, but still both keep on complaining with another machines' indexes.

I had a similar problem in version 6.X. Got the tapes back from off-site, supplied them to server, and it asked for more and more tapes each time it was finished with one, as in an unending process. I reinstalled 7.0.

¿Can you imagine what kind of operation with indexes it's willing to do, for requiring old tapes? nsrck -L 6 does nothing, so I suppose indexes on disk (21 GB) are fine.

I had hardware problems recently, and group and server crashes. And server is doing other odd things, as keeping on using Default Pool for a group correctly assigned to its pool. Another fact maybe relevant is that currently, for cooling problems, we are switching off 25% of networker clients every night. And some of them are finishing in the morning, not using the 20 or 30 minutes group timeout.

Server EBS 7.0 on Solaris 9.

TIA and sorry if situation it's not clear enough, I think its a kind of degradation or corruption.

"signoff networker" in the