Networker

[Networker] Post-client save script issue

2006-06-28 12:04:37
Subject: [Networker] Post-client save script issue
From: Brett Monroe <mr.bmonroe AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:43:12 -0700
Hey all,

I'm new to this group and am so relieved to find it.  I've been using
Networker for only about a year and a half now so please bear with me if I
ask stupid questions.  Here is my first one. :)

I have a backup group defined that has two clients associated to it.  One
client is for a filesystem on the server itself and the other is for a
filesystem on a remote client.  Now I'd like to run a post processing script
via savpnpc on the server's client but only when the remote client has
finished backing up its filesystem (the servers fs finishes in a mater of
minutes and the remote can take a few hours).

Currently we have a number of servers set up in this exact same fashion that
work great but I just set up two new groups on two different servers and
they both ran their savpnpc's post client script on the server when the
server's client finished (it did not wait for the other client to finish).
Am I doing something blindingly wrong here?  Am I providing enough
information?

For what its worth, I am using Networker 7.1.3 on Solaris 9.

Thanks,
--Brett

"signoff networker" in the