Networker

Re: [Networker] Device deactivated during restore in NW 7.3.1

2006-06-26 06:15:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Device deactivated during restore in NW 7.3.1
From: Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 06:15:07 -0400
Oscar Olsson wrote:
06/26/06 08:31:14 nsrmmd #2: Impersonation was requested by: "root AT britt.qbranch DOT se", but the user does not have enough privileges to impersonate.

Does 'deactivated' mean 'service mode' or is it just really poor wording for 'this device aborted due to an error' ? See what the drive /dev/rmt/0cbn looks like through nsradmin.

By default I think Networker installs with privs for 'Administrator' but not 'root'. I ran in to this during a 7.3 setup on an all Linux environment. Make sure root is actually listed. (Windows centric thinking!)

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT us.ibm DOT com>
IBM Linux Technology Center, System Admin

"signoff networker" in the